Jerry is the author of more than 190 books with sales of more than 70 million copies, including the bestselling Left Behind series.
About Jerry B. Jenkins
Great stories, well told, really can change the world. And no one understands that better than author Jerry B. Jenkins, who for more than 40 years has used the art of story to carry life-shifting messages to millions. An insatiable learner, Jenkins's passion for prose has rendered an astonishing 186 books (and counting) including the bestselling Left Behind series. Twenty-one of his books have reached the New York Times bestseller list and seven have debuted at number one.
- Featured (with Tim LaHaye) on a Newsweek cover as "The New Prophets of Revelation."
- Published in: Time, Reader's Digest, Parade, Guideposts, and dozens of other periodicals. Served for many years as a Contributing Editor to Writer's Digest.
- Authored as-told-to autobiographies of Hank Aaron, Joe Gibbs, Orel Hershiser (NYT bestseller), Meadowlark Lemon, Walter Payton, Nolan Ryan (NYT bestseller), Mike Singletary, B.J. Thomas, and many other men and women.
- Assisted Dr. Billy Graham with his memoirs, Just As I Am (NYT bestseller).
- Developed intensive curriculum and mentored thousands through The Christian Writers Guild.
- Owns Jenkins Entertainment, an award-winning film company run by his son Dallas.
- Former editor of Moody Magazine and Vice President for Publishing at the Moody Institute of Chicago.
- Has served on the Moody Board of Trustees since 2000.
- Wrote the nationally syndicated sports story comic strip, Gil Thorp, from 1996-2004.
- Married to Dianna since 1971. They have three grown sons and eight grandchildren.